8 Tips for Wedding Dress Shopping
Sometimes a bride can feel lost and overwhelmed while looking at wedding dresses in a showroom. Luckily, at GARNET + grace you will have a bridal stylist to help you navigate and explore the world of bridal gowns. These 8 tips for wedding dress shopping will help you make the most of your time and help your stylist help you the best they can!
1.Use Pinterest, Instagram, or other tools to research silhouettes, trends, and details you want to try on! Make sure to bring photos to your appointment so your stylist can get a good idea of styles or details you are interested in.
2. Plan on bringing the people who you want an opinion from. Bringing parents, siblings, and close friends who can weigh in on your decision is key. Be careful though–bringing too many people or people who won’t weigh in to your advantage will make the appointment more crowded and stressful for you. Bring your support team even if it’s your first time trying on–it’s very common for brides to find their dress on their first visit and you don’t want them to miss out!
3. Bring the right undergarments to your appointment. If you are shy, make sure to bring a strapless bra. Most brides will try on braless but some get nervous about that because your stylist will be helping you in and out of the dresses. In addition, panties are required to try on wedding dresses.
4. Bring any accessories you have already decided on. Wearing grandma’s veil? We love it! Bring it with you to see it with dresses you love. Need to wear a special necklace? You’ll want to see how it looks with the neckline of potential gowns.
5. Know the details about your wedding. Know your venue or at the least what you want to have as your venue. Know your wedding date or at least the ballpark of when it will be happening. Know your colors or at least know the color families you are considering. These details will all help your stylist find the perfect wedding dress for you.
6. Make an appointment! Not all places accept walk-ins and it’s best to schedule an appointment anywhere you go to make sure you can be helped (and so there is a room avaiable!). While we are sometimes able to accept walk in customers, no one wants to be turned away because the store is too busy with other brides to help you that day.
7. Come in with an open mind! Some brides will end up falling in love with a dress they didn’t even consider they would like. We’ve seen brides who thought they wanted a big, princess ball gown but end up going with a tight, sexy mermaid and vise versa.
8. Be aware of your budget and have realistic expectations. There’s nothing wrong with having a limited budget (we have gowns starting at just $99!). Just be mindful that the cheap knockoff wedding dress prices you see online are not what you’ll find in bridal boutiques, and the more detail, lace, and volume a dress has, the more expensive it will be.
We at GARNET + grace sincerely hope these 8 tips for wedding dress shopping will help you on your journey to find the dress of your dreams! Join us next weekend for our big End of Summer Sale and save up to $150 on every wedding gown in the store!
Call 562.315.5581 to set up an appointment with our stylist experts to find the dress you will walk down the aisle in! Remember, GARNET + grace Bridal Boutique specializes in one of a kind discount designer wedding dresses, all sold off the rack at savings up to 60% off retail prices. We buy in bulk and pass the savings onto you! So if you’re looking for a stunning, unique wedding dress, visit our Bay Area bridal store, located in Hayward, CA or our Los Angeles bridal store, located in Whittier, CA.